Nursing | RN | Telemetry Stroke Nights
Job ID: #355657 | Healthcare - Travel Nursing
A hospital in California is looking for an experienced Telemetry nurse for a travel contract.
The right candidate will have 3 full years of experience, hold an active BLS, ACLS, NIH and CA License.
– Unit: 5W Tele Stroke (Very fast paced. High patient turnover. High acuity/high risk patients) VERY SIMILAR TO A STEPDOWN UNIT!”
– # beds: 30 Beds
– Ratios: 4 to 1
– Certs: BLS, ACLS, & NIHSS are required. Must have experience using NIHSS on the floor. Chemo cert would be a plus but not required. They occasionally & unexpectedly will get a patient needing chemo)”
– EMR System: Cerner – Add’l Equipment: Pagers linked to call light system & internal spectra link phones –
– Tele: Spacelabs Monitoring – 24/7 monitor techs on this unit. Techs pull strips. Nurses interpret their own strips & set alarm rates with monitor tech. Computer program does measurements.
– Types of patients: Non-STEMI, R/O MI & ACS, neuro intervential radiology patients, carotid stents, carotid endarterectomy post ICU, high-risk stroke/renal patients, S/P cranies from ICU, get all r/o stroke, CVA, TIA. Designated unit for stroke. If can’t go to ICU they go to this unit. Annual stroke competency through APEX.
– Floating: Tele staff will float to med/surg, the other tele unit (4W), & could be floated to ICU . If floated to ICU traveler will be given patients with appropriate level of acuity. They will get orientation to the ICU.
• First Day Benefits Available
• Weekly Pay
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance that includes health, prescription, dental and vision coverage.
• Life Insurance
Apply now and a recruiter will contact you with more information on this and other vacancies that interest you.
*Malone Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer*