Nursing | RN | Med Surg/Tele Nights
Job ID: #350277 | Healthcare - Travel Nursing
A hospital in California is looking for an experienced MedSurg/Tele nurse for a travel contract.
The right candidate will have 2 full years of experience, hold active BLS, ACLS, and NIH certifications as well as an active CA License.
MedSurg &Tele (This is a mixed unit)
– # beds 39 Beds (37 private rooms & 1 semi private room)
– Certs BLS, ACLS, NIHSS are required
– Ratios 1 to 4 tele patients; 1 to 5 MedSurg patients but could be assigned a mix of MS & tele…could be 3 MS & 1 tele or 2 MS & 2 Tele, etc…)
– EMR Cerner experience preferred.
– Tele Phillips *Must be able to read & interpret all cardiac rhythms
– Floating: Travelers are the 1st to float. Could possibly float between MSW & MHB because they are under the same license, traveler may float between the two. Float to any MedSurg/Tele. ICU for MedSurg patients if no beds. ER for MedSurg Tele holds.
– Common diagnosis / Types of patients General MedSurg patients including bariatrics & all total joints. Must be comfortable with this. CVA patients, a-fib, amiodarone, set rate cardizem, dopamine & dobutamine only for renal perfusion. No titration. Heparin & hyperglycemia protocol. ETOH withdrawal per protocol (banana bag, etc… drug withdrawal, drug seekers, addicts…
• First Day Benefits Available
• Weekly Pay
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance that includes health, prescription, dental and vision coverage.
• Life Insurance
Apply now and a recruiter will contact you with more information on this and other vacancies that interest you.
*Malone Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer*