Job ID: #291450 | Oakbrook IL Healthcare
Stroger Hospital is seeking experienced RNs for several OR shifts. Stroger hospital is a 450-bed teaching hospital which serves as the hub for Cook County Health for delivery of specialty and sub-specialty care. It is home to one of the busiest Level 1 trauma centers in the nation and the hospital’s emergency room treats approximately 120,000 adults and children annually. These positions are full-time, with call required one weekend per month. Candidates must scrub and circulate and should have experience in Ortho, Ortho trauma, Vascular, Urology, and General Surgery with experience preferred in Neurosurgery, Open Heart/Thoracic, Ophthalmology, ENT, Bariatric and Gynecology. This position will pay $95/hour for local candidates, $4251/week for travelers (including stipend) and a variety of shifts are available.
Also called perioperative nurses, operating room nurses are registered nurses who provide care for patients before, during, and after surgeries. They care for surgical patients outside of sterile operating rooms and assist with surgical instruments and equipment inside operating suites. To ensure success, operating room nurses should possess extensive experience in providing patients with post-operative care and exhibit specialized knowledge of sterilization techniques. First-class candidates demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to provide a high level of care under pressure.
Operating Room Nurse Responsibilities:
- Providing surgical patients with perioperative care in recovery, procedure, and operating rooms.
- Stocking operating rooms with sterile surgical equipment, linens, and supplies.
- Developing and implementing nursing care plans for surgical patients.
- Preparing patients for surgery by cleaning and disinfecting areas to be operated on.
- Assisting surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Applying sterile techniques in handling medical instruments and equipment pre-, during, and post-surgery.
- Collaborating with surgical teams and other medical professionals on patient medication and post-surgery care.
- Updating patient files and medical records.
- Assisting with the ordering, maintenance, and safe storage of surgical equipment and supplies.
- Providing patients with post-surgery care instructions and answering questions.